2. How Best to Agree and Disagree - Page 1
Agree or Disagree with the Idea Not the Person
A. How to Agree Strongly with an Opinion.
1. I couldn't agree more!
2. That's absolutely true!
4. I agree with your point.
5. I'd go along with your point.
6. I'm with you on that point.
7. That's just what I was thinking.
8. That's exactly what I think.
9. That's a good point.
10. That's just how I see it.
11. That's exactly my opinion.
B. How to Half Agree with an Opinion.
1. Yes, perhaps, however ...
2. Well, yes, but ...
3. Yes, in a way, however ...
4. Hmm, possibly, but ...
5. Yes, I agree up to a point, however ...
6. Well, you have a point there, but ...
7. There's something there, I suppose, however ...
8. I guess your idea could be right, but ...
9. Yes, I suppose so, however ...
10. That's worth thinking about, but ...
|On to Debate Sggestions Page 2|
You need to be very polite when disagreeing with someone in English,
even someone you know quite well.