101. Adversity makes a man wise not rich.
102. A good archer is known by his aim not his arrows.
103. Bacchus drowned more men than Neptune.
104. A bad workman quarrels with his tools.
105. The bait hides the hook.
106. A barber learns by shaving fools.
107. There is small choice in rotten apples.
108. Danger makes men devout.
109. The mouse that has but one hole is often taken.
110. No man can serve two masters.
111. No man is so wise he cannot be deceived.
112. The oak is not felled in one stroke.
113. Oaks may fall when reeds bend.
114. An occasion lost cannot be redeemed.
115. An old ox makes a straight furrow.
116. Omelets are not made without breaking eggs.
117. One enemy is too many - 1000 friends too few.
118. Every path has a puddle.
119. If you don't pay a servant his wages - he will pay himself.
120. Penny wise - and pound-foolish.
121. Don't pour water on a drowned mouse.
122. It is easier to pull down than to build.
123. If you run after two rabbits you will catch neither.
124. He that seeks trouble never misses.
125. He who serves God for rewards will serve the devil for better wages.
101. From trouble comes experience, from experience wisdom.
102. It's not the tools you have but what you do with them.
103. You have more to fear from alcohol than the sea.
104. He puts the blame on the tools to hide his own failure.
105. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
106. Never let a trainee put a sharp knife to your throat.
107. A dilemma is the choice between two bad things.
108. You need to call upon the Lord in good and bad times.
109. Prepare for possible trouble by having alternatives.
110. Pleasing two bosses will end pleasing none.
111. A wise man should be alert to deceit and trickery.
112. Don't expect success immediately every time.
113. Don't be too rigid in your ways - bend a little.
114. Opportunity doesn't always return for a second visit.
115. Experience and maturity can contribute to success.
116. Somebody may be upset over anything you do.
117. Avoid making enemies.
118. Every endeavor has some problems to solve.
119. It you cheat a servant they will cheat you in return.
120. It's foolish to save a penny and waste a dollar.
121. Don't shoot someone already dead.
122. It's easier to tear down (criticize) than to build (praise).
123. Two things done halfway don't make one whole.
124. You will find evil if you are looking for it.
125. Loyalty for money is not loyalty.